Is There a Natural Way to Discourage DUI?
Prosecutors, law enforcement officers, and court judges often get discouraged when they are attempting to reduce the number of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges in their country or state. Regardless of how loud or often they speak, some individuals just never get the message regarding the dangers that drinking and driving poses to not only themselves but also to others. However, a driver in Kentucky had the message about the dangers of drinking and driving driven home in a stingingly effective way.
On a mid-July day, the driver and his passenger were driving around their town looking for an area where they could go for a swim and cool off. According to law enforcement, both the driver and passenger were under the influence of several different drugs that included Klonopin, Suboxone, and neurotin (among others), making it difficult for the driver to keep control of the vehicle. While driving, the driver inadvertently crashed the vehicle into an electrical pole. As if this accident was not bad enough, when the pole fell, it knocked an active beehive out of a tree that was also located nearby along the roadway.
Given that the honeybees had been disturbed in their now destroyed hive, they swarmed the driver’s vehicle in defense and proceeded to sting both the driver and the passenger, who were both in their bathing suits. A local resident saw the pair running up his driveway and grabbed a water hose to help ward the bees away from the couple. Local law enforcement took the driver and passenger to a nearby medical center to receive treatment for their many bee stings before charging the driver with DUI as well as other traffic violations. The passenger was charged with public intoxication as well.
Regardless of the outcomes of the driver’s and the passenger’s cases, it is very likely they will never forget their ordeal, and it will hopefully serve as a painful reminder to not operate a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The vehicle codes in many states outline harsh penalties for those who operate a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These penalties often include high monetary fines, time in jail, and a lengthy driver’s license suspension. For those who are being charged with DUI, it is very important for them to contact a knowledgeable DUI lawyer in their state.
- How Can I Beat a DUI/DWI Case without a Lawyer? - January 20, 2019
- How Long Do I Need To Have An Ignition Interlock Device Installed for a First DUI Offense? - January 19, 2019
- Can You be Charged With a DUI for Driving Under the Influence of Legal Prescription Medication? - January 19, 2019
- What’s Your Chances of Beating a DUI Case with No Breath Test? - January 18, 2019
- Military DUI: What to Do for a DUI in the Armed Forces & How to Get Out of a DUI in the Military - January 18, 2019
- 12 Things To Ask Your DUI Lawyer, For More Possible Ways How To Beat A DUI Arrest Charge Case - January 13, 2019
- Is a Public Defender Any Good for Challenging or Taking On a DUI-Related Court Case? - January 12, 2019
- Is There Any Way to Avoid a License Suspension After a DUI Charge? - January 9, 2019
- How likely is it for a DUI or DWI to get reduced to a lesser offense, such as reckless driving? - January 6, 2019
- Can I Be Fired for a DUI Arrest Charge or Conviction? - January 1, 2019