Is There a Natural Way to Discourage DUI?
Prosecutors, law enforcement officers, and court judges often get discouraged when they are attempting to reduce the number of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) charges in their country or state. Regardless of how loud or often they speak, some individuals just never get the message regarding the dangers that drinking and driving poses to not only themselves but also to others. However, a driver in Kentucky had the message about the dangers of drinking and driving driven home in a stingingly effective way.
On a mid-July day, the driver and his passenger were driving around their town looking for an area where they could go for a swim and cool off. According to law enforcement, both the driver and passenger were under the influence of several different drugs that included Klonopin, Suboxone, and neurotin (among others), making it difficult for the driver to keep control of the vehicle. While driving, the driver inadvertently crashed the vehicle into an electrical pole. As if this accident was not bad enough, when the pole fell, it knocked an active beehive out of a tree that was also located nearby along the roadway.
Given that the honeybees had been disturbed in their now destroyed hive, they swarmed the driver’s vehicle in defense and proceeded to sting both the driver and the passenger, who were both in their bathing suits. A local resident saw the pair running up his driveway and grabbed a water hose to help ward the bees away from the couple. Local law enforcement took the driver and passenger to a nearby medical center to receive treatment for their many bee stings before charging the driver with DUI as well as other traffic violations. The passenger was charged with public intoxication as well.
Regardless of the outcomes of the driver’s and the passenger’s cases, it is very likely they will never forget their ordeal, and it will hopefully serve as a painful reminder to not operate a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. The vehicle codes in many states outline harsh penalties for those who operate a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. These penalties often include high monetary fines, time in jail, and a lengthy driver’s license suspension. For those who are being charged with DUI, it is very important for them to contact a knowledgeable DUI lawyer in their state.
- Do You Go to Jail for a DUI, DWI? - June 10, 2019
- Getting a DUI While Parked or Sleeping in Your Car - June 2, 2019
- How to Find a Good DUI Lawyer – Everything You Need to Know Not to Get a Bad DUI Attorney - May 15, 2019
- I Just Got a DUI and Need My License for Work to Keep My Job. What Can I Do? - May 5, 2019
- How Long Do I Need To Have An Ignition Interlock Device Installed for a First DUI Offense? - May 2, 2019
- What Are My Chances of Beating a First Offense DUI Case? - April 25, 2019
- I Was Arrested for DUI, but Don’t Have a Court Date Yet. How Long do the Police Have to Charge Me With a DUI Offense? - April 19, 2019
- What Happens if I Can’t Afford to Hire a DUI Lawyer? - April 15, 2019
- How to Get Rid of a DUI, Clear a DUI Charge From Haunting Your Life in 2019 - April 14, 2019
- How Can I Beat a DUI, DWI Charge on a Technicality if There are Police Report Errors? - April 5, 2019