A DUI is a very serious matter, which is why you need an attorney specializing in DUI law. You have every right to take your time to find the best attorney to suit your needs and that will listen to your case in full.
If you are not comfortable with an attorney or feel they are there for no other reason than to grab the fee and run, wait until you find a DUI lawyer that you trust completely. Here are some additional tips to help you find the best DUI lawyer for your case while keeping their legal fee affordable.
- How Many DUI Cases Has This Lawyer Taken To Trial?
- Is It Important That A Lawyer Only Specializes In DUI Cases?
- Why Should I Hire A DUI Attorney & How Can They Help?
- 5 Of The Best Benefits Of Hiring A Lawyer For A DUI
1. Do not be afraid to ask questions – this is literally a life-changing event, especially if you rely on your automobile for work. Can your case be kept off the record? How many DUI cases has this particular attorney tried before? What strategy has he or she used to win “unwinnable” cases before? Is DUI his or her specialty or are they taking every type of case that walks through the door? What percentage of his or her current caseload is DUI related?
2. Don’t stand for roundabout answers – if you are getting answers that are not really answering your questions, how do you think he or she will be received by the judge or jury if your case goes to trial? All answers should be easily understandable and very clear. If not, move on to the next attorney on your list.
3. Know your costs upfront – the attorney should be able to outline your costs throughout the process. The last thing you want is to get a bill for an extra $10,000 because the case went to trial and you thought it was part of the initial fee. All fees should be in writing with a clear definition of all costs throughout the process.
4. Interview multiple attorneys – never stop at the first interview simply because you think you found your attorney. In many cases, a defendant is learning about the legalities of a DUI for the first time and the initial attorney can literally leave you awestruck. The more attorneys you talk to, the more likely you are to find the best attorney for you and your case. This will also help you differentiate attorney’s that are feeding you lines versus attorneys that are truly skilled in this niche of the law.
5. Stay informed – communication should be open and clear with your attorney. Does he or she need to call you for every little detail? No, but he or she does need to keep you in the loop and return your calls when you are looking for an update. Do not stand for an attorney that avoids you or one that is making major decisions about the case without first getting your approval.
Even though a person charged with a DUI/DWI arrest offense can hire a lawyer at any point before their scheduled court date, it is very important that a person charged with any type of this offense – hire a lawyer early as possible after an arrest takes place. This helps by giving a person the highest chance of fighting to beat a DUI case, since a top local attorney will know exactly what to do in finding possible mistakes in the prosecution’s case, and use them to their client’s advantage to potentially win the court case based on those facts in the details of your arrest. Additionally, another way how a DUI lawyer hired early in a case can help is by preserving certain evidence such as receipts for drink purchases or credit card bills, which could prove to be a great benefit for your best DUI defense options in winning the case.
If you hire and retain the best lawyer early as possible in the process for a DUI or DWI case, they may be able to contact any witnesses and collect important information that could help defend your own case while it’s still fresh in the mind of any witness. Potential witnesses for a drunk driving case, may be better to recall how much you had to drink, or remember that you did not appear to be intoxicated or impaired around the time you were charged with a DUI or driving under the influence. They will likely be interviewed and statements will be taken from them to help preserve their memory of the events that took place on the day you were charged.
The earlier you hire and retain an experienced DUI lawyer, this will help the attorney to have a better window of time to work on your particular case in finding the best winning defense strategies possible. If you have been arrested and charged with any type of driving under the influence offense, you need the skill and expertise of a hiring the best DUI lawyer as soon as possible after a charge happens. Waiting too long on hiring a lawyer when fighting any DUI-related case, can drastically hurt a person’s chances of winning the case in court.
It doesn’t matter what type of DUI, DWI, or driving under the influence offense a person is charged with, this type of misdemeanor is a very serious offense. Whether a charge barely over the legal limit of .08, a first or second DUI offense, or a BAC test refusal – being charged at all is extremely stressful, and needs to be handled carefully. Most people don’t even want to think about searching for or hiring the best attorney, but the truth is, this knowing how to hire a DUI lawyer that is best for your unique case is very important in increasing a person’s chances of winning the case in court.
How to find and hire the best DUI/DWI lawyer for a case is all about research and submitting the details of your arrest in enough time to be carefully analyzed for defense options or possible mistakes made during the arrest. It is also important to ask yourself important questions before hiring a specialist lawyer to challenge a drunk driving related offense case. Below are a couple of the first vital questions a person charged with a DUI offense should ask before hiring a DUI lawyer for their case.
How many DUI cases has this lawyer taken to trial?
Most people arrest for a DUI charge hopes that their case won’t go to trial, but since every case circumstance is unique in nature of what happened – you need an specialist DUI lawyer who can be counted on and be prepared to win, in case a trial is necessary. By submitting your arrest details through us to be carefully reviewed by a case-winning local DUI attorney from your area, you can help to avoid hiring a lawyer who does not have proven experience and courtroom skills such as specialized cross-examination, which is essential in fighting a case at a possible trial.
How important is it hiring a lawyer that only specializes in DUI and drunk driving cases?
It is important that for anyone charged with a DUI offense and looking to hire a DUI lawyer realize, that many general practice lawyers work in multiple areas of law, and may not be as up to date on the best DUI defenses available as a DUI lawyer who only specializes in DUI cases would. This is why it is always best to find and hire a DUI lawyer with the expertise and commitment of only fighting DUI/DWI offense cases.
Why Should I Hire a DUI Lawyer and How Can They Help?
When a person needs to find and hire a good DUI lawyer in their area, looking to us with the understanding of how the new laws will work in regards to your own case, will help to ensure that a person’s freedom or right to drive never gets interrupted whenever possible. Even a first DUI offense conviction will have long-term consequences, some of which many drivers are not even aware of. However by having the arrest carefully reviewed by us online following a DUI or DWI charge, we will be on top of finding the best defense options from the start and keep you informed in every step of fighting the case for a reduction of charges or full dismissal.
Once a driver makes the important and necessary decision to hire an attorney for a DUI offense with us, a top-rated local lawyer will guide a client through the process of gathering all needed information to establish what the best defense is based on what happened at the time of the arrest. This way they can provide the person who hired their legal services with the best representation and support to get the best results possible in court. After any DUI or DWI arrests have been examined online with us, the next step an attorney will take is to ensure that any important paperwork is filled out correctly and on time, which can significantly increase the chances of a successful outcome of a case.
We fully understand just how important the time is for a driver when it comes to fighting a DUI case, and how going through this ordeal of can affect a person’s life in many aspects. Many local attorneys will also work with other lawyers within their DUI firm to help ensure that a person is getting the best legal representation possible. We understand how valuable a person’s time and driver’s license is, and always treat every case with the utmost attention.
Facing and fighting a DUI or DWI charge can seem very overwhelming for many drivers who unexpectedly found themselves in this situation, and it is not uncommon for some people to lose hope when hearing about how strict and expensive the costs for the new penalties under the laws are. However when a driver stops to consider the possibility of what will happen if they get convicted of the offense, they quickly realize why it is so important to never give up and to do everything possible to win the case or reduce the charges.
An expert specialist lawyer will help a driver in every way possible to calm the nervousness they have about the case, and put a person’s mind at ease for the best results and outcome possible for a DUI or DWI case when it is time to challenge the charges in court from every legal angle.
Below are 5 of the best benefits of hiring a DUI lawyer:
- Determine what is the best defense available based on the person’s unique arrest details that will help to ensure a positive outcome in a DUI case.
- Establish whether or not any of a driver’s rights were violated during the arrest process, or while having to take the Breathalyzer or blood test.
- Review the arrest details and prosecution evidence for weaknesses or other mistakes made, for possible ways to get the DUI charges dropped or case dismissed.
- An attorney will be able to find out exactly what DUI test or other evidence there is against you.
- A lawyer will help be able to keep your driver’s license from a suspension and avoid an Ignition Interlock device requirement whenever possible.
So in conclusion, why should you hire a DUI lawyer? When a driver chooses to have an experienced and local DUI attorney on their side from the beginning, it can not only save a person from a court conviction, but avoid jail time, a permanent criminal record, a suspended license along with an Ignition Interlock, and thousands of dollars in additional costs of fines and fees as well.
Considering the severe consequences of the always-changing DUI laws in every state of the country, a person cannot afford to wait to hire a specialist DUI lawyer that is local to where they will be going to court at. Please take advantage of our free online arrest review we provide with a skilled local attorney from your area, and help ensure a positive future for your tomorrow with a clean slate going forward.
- What to Do When You Have Been Falsely Charged With an Unjust DUI Offense Arrest - April 18, 2018
- Can a DUI get Dismissed if the Officer Did Not Read My Rights During the Arrest? - April 17, 2018
- If I am Convicted or Plead Guilty to a First DUI or DWI Offense, Can it be Expunged Later? - April 14, 2018
- Is There Any Way to Avoid a License Suspension After a DUI Charge? - March 19, 2018
- Where Can I Get Help Paying for a DUI Attorney? - March 18, 2018
- How likely is it for a DUI or DWI to get reduced to a lesser offense, such as reckless driving? - March 14, 2018
- What’s Your Chances of Beating a DUI Case with No Breath Test? - March 13, 2018
- What Happens if I Can’t Afford to Hire a DUI Lawyer? - March 1, 2018
- Getting a DUI While Parked or Sleeping in Your Car - February 21, 2018
- A Judge Throws Out 25 Breath Test DUI Cases – How Improper DUI Tests Can Dismiss A Case - February 4, 2018